In honor of soon-to-be 2018, I decided to use today’s post to spell out my New Year’s resolutions. Last year I kind of just made them to myself in my head. Now that I have a blog though, I figure typing it out will leave me no choice but to complete each task. If I don’t, I know I’ll be berated and cast out by the internet, since everything typed on it is 100% true and reasonable–including promises made to oneself. It is my full intent to uphold this standard.
I’m not going to lie, I understand this post is kind of for me. 😉 However, I hope you share your goals too in the comments. Also, if nothing else, know you’re not alone in your pursuit of achieving them!
My 2018 resolutions:
- Sign on to write Star Wars Episode IX and save the series from the destruction caused by ‘The Last Jedi.’
- Win more on Fortnite.
- Watch at least 10 movies that aren’t remakes.
- Experience one year while living in Austin where the Longhorns can win 9 or more football games (long shot).
- Figure out why my dog growls in her sleep so I can get her to do it more because it’s cute and funny.
- Shoot the shit with Neil Degrasse Tyson.
Ok, I’m kind of kidding, seriously this time:
- Publish book 3 – Currently in the editing phase. Really excited about this one. It’s setting up the climax of the series arc in ways far more massive than I could have imagined when I started writing Civilands.
- Blog post three days a week for the entire year – I think I’ve made it about a month so far and have loved every minute of it! Really helps connect you even further with the things and thoughts that impact you. When people respond to some you’ve written, that’s always cool too. 😉
- Make live action Civilands trailer – Planning to shoot in early 2018 right now. Got my set, camera guy, scene, and possibly actress. Just need some snow.
- Write and publish book 4 – Have already started chapter 1 and so excited to continue once #3 is more set and stone. For a series already loaded with twists, this one should be biblical.
- Finish writing season 1 screenplay – Again, already started the first episode a little bit ago. Writing books turned out to be way more fun than I expected so this has been secondary while I’ve been getting through the series. This year it will be a bit more of a priority.
- **Stretch goal** Make first screenplay pitch – This one might end up being the primary goal of 2019, but it’s good to try and have a stretch goal I suppose. Just know there will be a show on TV that I wrote at some point.
I have some personal resolutions too: work out more, read more, blah, blah, blah. However, the above are what I’ve prioritized.